Cancer is the third leading cause of death in Mexico. Per statistics from 2013 collected from the PubMed library, cancer accounted for 12.8 % of all deaths.
Each year 78, 700 deaths are seen. But, the bright side is that cancer treatments are gradually flourishing in Mexico, especially conventional treatment options attracting national and international tourists.
This article will introduce you to a list of the top 9 cancer hospitals in Mexico so that you can seek the correct care in time.
Also Read: 50 Best Relationship Love Quotes For Her
9 Best Cancer Hospitals in Mexico
1. The National Cancer Institute, Mexico
- The National Cancer Institute of Mexico is one of the oldest and best-rated cancer treatment hospitals in Mexico. It was founded in 1946 and is Mexico’s largest comprehensive cancer treatment center.
- It treats 12000 new patients annually and conducts over 100 000 consultations. It also participates in research and public policy creation related to cancer cases in the area.
- The hospital has modern treatment options, dedicated wards, and departments for cancer patients. Some of the facilities at the center include medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, outpatient clinics, mammography centers, and radiology units. Keeping in mind the risk of infections due to a lowered immune status, the hematologic oncology units are prepared in isolation, which suggests their sensitive approach to cancer treatment.
- Some of the areas of expertise of oncologic professionals at the hospital include the treatment of breast cancer, head and neck cancers, cancer of the gastrointestinal tract, lung cancer, skin cancer, sarcoma, genitourinary cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, sarcoma, and melanoma.
- To take care of the additional needs of cancer patients, including side effects from treatment, the hospital has a specialized pain clinic, palliative care program, and psychosocial oncology center.
- At the palliative care center, physicians, psychologists, counselors, and social workers come together to form a supportive environment for the patient taking care of their psychosocial, spiritual, and mental health while respecting their values and beliefs.
- The nurses and associated professionals with the center also offer in-home palliative services, so if you know a patient with advanced-stage cancer or a terminally-ill individual, a simple referral may help.
Address: Av. San Fernando 22, Belisario Domínguez Secc 16, Tlalpan, 14080 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Also Read: 9 Best Cancer Hospitals in Boston
2. Oasis of Hope
- Oasis of Hope is among the best and most – renowned cancer treatment hospitals in Mexico that provides treatment through a combination of alternative, conventional and holistic therapies.
- Holistic cancer treatment is widespread in Mexico, where unique protocols are followed to treat cancer by detoxifying the body.
- At Oasis of Hope, it is not just a theoretical or fancy concept since they have a success story of over 100000 patients from 60 nations to back their claims.
- They have an 82 % success rate in the treatment of stage 4 cancers such as lymphoma and a 59 % success rate for the treatment of breast cancer. Hence, their treatments are widely trusted.
- At their center, there is a dedicated team of oncologic experts who design unique treatment protocols for cancer treatment.
- Their medical team also includes certified nutritionists who will help create an individualized diet plan you can follow. They generally aim for a low-fat, low-protein, high-carbohydrate diet and multivitamin supplementation to optimize your energy levels in fighting that disease and boosting your immunity.
- Supporting their aim of comprehensive treatment, the Oasis of Hope does not charge any cost for patients who do not have available health insurance or those who cannot afford to pay. Nothing says care and compassion louder than this action.
Address: Paseo Playas de Tijuana 19, Playas, Terrazas, 22504 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico
Also Read: 50 Best Unconditional Love Quotes for Her
3. Cancun Oncology Center
- Cancun Oncology Center in Mexico excels in treating different types and stages of cancer and is one of the most comprehensive cancer treatment hospitals in Mexico.
- They are experts in the treatment of:
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Brain Tumour
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Malignant Mesothelioma
- Different types of Oral Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Oesophagus Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Tongue Cancer
- Cancer of the tonsils
- Uterine Cancer
- Skin cancer
- They have a team of medical, surgical, and radiological oncologists who work together in handling these complex cases.
Along with treating cancer, the center also provides pain management, fatigue management, and thyroid management options to counteract the complications arising from the treatments.
- One of the center’s significant focuses is cancer prevention, for which they have modern diagnostic equipment for early detection.
- Another focus of the hospital is to support and extend care for all patients in their journey there, which they are achieving so far.
Address: Hospital Galenia. Av. Tulum, Lote 01, Mz.01, SM.12, Fracc. Santa Maria Sike, 77505 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Washington
4. Integrative Whole Health Clinic
- Integrative Whole Health Clinic is a small cancer treatment facility in Mexico where patients are treated with utmost warmth and benevolence.
- They design comprehensive cancer programs for patients where modern diagnostic and treatment facilities such as CT scans, MRI and PET scans, surgical procedures for cancer, and medical oncology treatments are provided under a detoxification center where organic food, natural juices, intravenous supplements, and natural enemas with coffee or flax seed are provided under a single roof.
- Modernization of cancer treatment goes a long way at this center, where eight sessions of hyperbaric oxygen for healing cancer patients are provided over four weeks duration of the program along with DMSO, multivitamins, enzymatic and antioxidant supplementation to build the natural capabilities of your body to fight cancer.
- Other treatment options offered at the center include heat therapy, lymphatic massage, and professional detoxification.
- The Integrative Whole Health Clinic, even stem cell treatments and vaccines for immune stimulation, has proven effective for patients with an advanced form of the disease.
Address: You can call them at 1-800-910-0699 ext 2 & ext 3 to arrange for your transport
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Texas
5. Angeles Hospital Cancer Center
- At the Angeles Hospital Cancer Center, one of the most popularised and innovative treatments for cancer is offered to take the holistic routes.
- Situated in Tijuana, the available oncologic program of Angeles Hospital is a natural approach to treating cancer, combining the most effective options from conventional and alternative medicine.
- The idea is to reduce the side effects commonly encountered due to Western cancer treatment.
- They have a six-step program that offers cutting-edge cancer treatment. Like allopathic medicine, the first treatment step begins with the medical team’s integrative assessment of the patient to guide individualized treatment. Individualized treatment involves prescribing evidence-based alternative treatment options that have previously proven successful in treating cancer in most patients. Their treatment is believed to be so effective that it is termed the anti-cancer step.
- The treatment for each patient is individualized not just based on the stage, type, and location of cancer but also on the patient’s overall health status and strength to endure treatment. At each step, it is ruled out that the suggested treatment must not aggravate the damage to their organs.
- Other supportive adjuvants support this novel and holistic treatment journey for the patient, such as detoxification, immune support and regulation, and cancer suppression through a healthy diet, exercise, and stress reduction.
- The center offers a unique experience to cancer patients where they can thrive in a stress–free hospital environment with large comfortable rooms, suites, and a relaxing ambiance, which makes it different from other cancer treatment hospitals.
Address: Paseo de los Héroes 10999 505, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico
Also Read: 50 Best Funny Quotes About Golf
6. Immunotherapy Cancer Institute
- Immunotherapy Cancer Institute in Mexico is another alternative treatment and cancer therapy center in Mexico that has a competent team of doctors having over 20 years of experience.
- They have by far treated several cases of breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, colorectal cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, uterine cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
- They have an excessive success rate of over 90 % for cases of stage 4 cancer.
- Cellular Nutrition, Enhanced Gerson Approach, Detoxification, Immune Support and Regulation, Cancer Suppression, T Cell Modulator Therapy, Immunotherapy, Hyperthermia, IPT Potentiation Therapy, and Preconditioning Treatment are some of the unique treatment options offered by them.
- Along with this, novel body conditioning to alleviate side effects from the previous types of treatments opted by the patients is provided for each case so that maximum benefits from their current treatments can be derived.
Also Read: 50 Quotes From Experts About Smoking
7. Stella Maris Clinic
- Stella Marris Clinic is a natural cancer treatment center in Mexico offering newer treatment options than previous centers.
- These include antioxidant therapy and chelation therapy. Through antioxidant therapy, oxidative damage caused due to the harmful activity of free radicals is minimized, and the body is gradually put through a stage of recovery. DNA and cell repair is the result of this treatment.
- Chelation therapy, on the other hand, eliminates unwanted toxins from the body, improving cell function and increasing your body’s capability to fight cancer.
- Other than these, proteolytic enzyme therapies to enhance your immune system and prevent the spread of cancer and amygdalin therapy for explicitly targeting the lysis of cancer cells are some of the available treatment options.
Address: Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada No 9563, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22320 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Germany
8. Verita Life Center
- Verita Life Center in Mexico is an innovative center that caters to provide treatments that are individually designed for patients.
- They use low-dose chemotherapy and hormonal therapy to treat cancer types and reduce the patient’s potential side effects.
- Another modality used by them is the combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy to generate sufficient heat energy to kill cancer cells but not damage the tissue.
- Other than this, the center offers biological and metabolic treatments through drugs and supplements like sodium selenite, high-dose vitamin C, vitamin B 12, and artesunate.
- The effects of these especially–designed treatments are that cancer cells are mostly destroyed through the cessation of blood vessels supplying the tumor, while at the same time, the healthy cells of your body are spared.
Address: Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 9574, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Florida
9. Shriner’s Hospital for Children
- Shriner’s Hospital for Children is a pediatric cancer treatment facility in Mexico that specializes in treating benign and malignant tumors.
- Surgical treatment of bone lesions and effective management of chondrosarcomas are among the top procedures provided by the hospital.
- The medical team at Shriner’s hospital is competent in excising solitary and multiple tumors causing pain, deformity, or neurological problems in children.
- Following cancer treatment, functional deformities such as spine problems or issues with the daily activity of pediatric patients are comprehensively managed through efficient support during the recovery.
- One of the distinct features of the hospital is that it offers active surveillance of young patients until adulthood, so any risks of recurrence or relapse are managed at the earliest stage.
- They offer top-notch oncologic treatment services and compassionate care for children and are regarded as the best center for children and adolescents in Mexico.
Address: Av. del Iman No.257 Pedregal de Santa Ursula Deleg, Coyoacán, 09820 CDMX, Mexico
Digital Marketer who loves motivational and inspirational quotes. While not working, I do a bit of gaming and spend time on Edx to enhance my skills!