Approximately 1.8 million new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed by the end of the year 2020 in the US. But that’s not a reason to worry because the American Society of Cancer says that more than 16.9 million people have survived cancer in the US. To be a survivor, of course, you need to find a good hospital, preferably closer to your home, so that you can comply with follow–up visits and lengthy-term treatment procedures. So, here we introduce a list of the 10 best cancer hospitals in Texas so that you can select the best one based on your needs.
Also Read: 50 Quotes From Experts About Smoking
10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Texas
1. M D Anderson Cancer Center
- Located in Houston, M D Anderson Cancer Center is not just the best in Texas but in the entire US, according to a nationwide survey from the US News and World Reports.
- Anderson has helped individuals in their battle against cancer for over 80 years since its foundation.
- It has a team of over 21000 medical experts dedicated to providing unmatched services to patients and their family members.
- Its expertise lies in managing urological cancers, gynecological cancers, head and neck tumors, throat cancer, and gastrointestinal tract cancers, for which it has received several awards and appreciation.
- The hospital also has a specialty in managing surgical and geriatric patients because of its high degree of patient–sensitive care.
- It treats over 141 000 patients annually who appreciate their efforts in cancer care.
- To provide advanced, quality patient care, the hospital staff members regularly form a consensus on treatment and indulge in multidisciplinary cancer care.
- They also conduct regular clinical trials and have participated in 1250 clinical trials for common and rare types of cancers.
- Anderson also has tie-ups with hospitals nationwide, which elevates cancer patients’ quality of life in a larger context.
Address: 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Germany
2. Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center is an NCI-accredited Comprehensive Cancer Centre providing high–quality services to patients.
- They make use of advanced technologies and features in the treatment of different types of cancer, including:
- Bone cancer
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Brain, Pituitary and Spine Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Genitourinary Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Lung Cancer
- Skin Cancers
- The hospital uses biomarker tools to detect the patient’s genetic makeup, based on which individualized treatment protocols are selected.
- Also, new therapies are continuously being formulated at the hospital with the help of genomic analysis and a thorough understanding of the functioning of human physiology.
- Additionally, the hospital has a community outreach program offering cancer screening and prevention to individuals in the larger Houston area who do not have equalized access to treatment.
Address: 7200 Cambridge St, 7th Floor, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Florida
3. Houston Methodist Cancer Center
- Houston Methodist Cancer Center has been ranked number 39 on the list of best cancer hospitals by US News and World Reports. Since this survey involved over 885 hospitals, the score is good enough.
- The hospital offers virtual visits to prevent infection among cancer patients during COVID-19. However, they are also available offline.
- The mission of the Methodist hospital is to offer the latest and most effective cancer treatments to as many patients as possible.
- For this, it employs a team of nationally – renowned medical and surgical oncologists who are engaged in all aspects of patient care, from diagnosis to treatment and research.
- Methodist’s expertise lies in treating breast, lung, prostate, and brain cancer since the advanced technologies of the hospital are mostly reserved for these.
- Focusing on patient-centered care, they form personalized treatment plans for each patient and are aligned toward the physical and emotional recovery of the patient.
- Suppose you do not have a diagnosed disease but have a positive family history. In that case, you can opt for genetic testing and screening hospitals available at the hospital to be guided towards an early approach to prevention.
- Along with combining cutting–edge care with compassion, the Methodist hospital also leads the treatment of chemotherapy-resistant cancer cases by discovering novel treatment agents.
Address: 6550 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Europe
4. TIRR Memorial Hermann’s rehabilitation hospital
- TIRR Memorial Hermann’s rehabilitation hospital is a comprehensive rehabilitation hospital that improvises patients’ cancer journeys.
- It offers inpatient and outpatient cancer rehabilitation services in Houston in compliance with the treatment goals and expectations of the patient and their family members/caregivers.
- The TIRR Memorial has been ranked fourth among rehabilitation hospitals in the US, indicating the quality of services at the center.
- Some of the challenges and symptoms, which they help to resolve, include cancer–related fatigue, weight loss, mental health issues like anxiety and depression, difficulty in swallowing food, decreased strength, excessive pain, social issues, lack of coordination among patients with different types and stages of cancer.
- This is enabled through the use of the following treatment options available exclusively at the hospital:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Breast Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Music Therapy
- Spasticity Management
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Vision Rehabilitation
- Wheelchair & Mobility Assessments
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- All these programs help advance the patients’ recovery states and improve their quality of life after cancer treatments.
Address: 1333 Moursund St, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Also Read: 50 Best Inspirational Fighting Cancer Quotes
5. Baylor Scott & White Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center
- Situated in Dallas, Baylor Scott & White Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center has to be the best cancer hospital outside of Houston.
Baylor Scott has collaborated with Cleveland Clinic in Texas, providing excellent quality cancer care through outpatient and inpatient services.
- Chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and immunotherapy are provided based on the patient’s needs.
- This is decided after elaborate testing, including genetic testing and genome sequencing.
- The hospital also engages in regular clinical trials and can provide leading-edge treatments.
- Their team has a large number of hematology oncologists and some genitourinary experts. So, it can be rightly selected for the treatment of blood cancers, leukemia, lymphoma, and cancer of prostate or penile cancer.
Address: 3500 Gaston Ave, Dallas, TX 75246, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in California
6. Harold C. Simmons Cancer Centre, U T Southwestern Medical Center
- Harold C. Simmons is the only NCI-accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas. So, it instead provides the gold standard of treatment services.
- It employs a multidisciplinary program for the provision of high–quality care to cancer patients.
- It also indulges in regular cancer research, which makes it possible for the team to develop and practice new treatment regimens.
- The cancer center’s goal is to minimize cancer’s impact on patient’s quality of life, so they work closely to minimize the side effects associated with cancer treatment.
- They have over 30 different cancer–designated departments at the hospital where a lot of treatment, innovation, and research work goes on.
- Lastly, it provides culturally – safe care through the involvement of multilingual, multi-ethnic, and varied socio-economic staff members from over 12 counties.
Address: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Pune
7. Parkland Hospital Cancer Center
- Parkland Hospital collaborates with the Simmons Cancer Center and the American Cancer Society and participates in combined efforts to fight this chronic condition.
- It aims to deliver quality cancer care services while educating patients about their disease and empowering them to stay at the center of decision-making.
- The expertise of Parkland Hospital lies in treating hematologic cancers. However, a variety of cases, including complex ones, have been managed by their team over 26 years of operation.
- The center also excels in immunotherapy treatments and precision oncology services, which it provides in collaboration with Missouri Baptist.
- The office of the American Cancer Society is located at the Haematology and Oncology clinic at Parkland, where patients and family members are provided with emotional support, support in coping with the diagnosis, and nutritional information.
- They also help manage additional patient concerns, such as transportation and financial assistance programs. So, it is a good choice for individuals with advanced stages of the disease or the elderly with such issues.
- Because of their considerate efforts, the Parkland hospital has consistently received positive patient reviews.
- You must keep looking for their new $ 154 million breast cancer center, which will be operational in 2021 and provide unmatched quality services to breast cancer patients.
Address: 5184 Tex Oak Ave, Dallas, TX 75235, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Canada
8. Pauline Allen Gill Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Pauline Allen Gill Center for Cancer and Blood is the largest pediatric cancer center in North Texas, treating more than 1 in 5 cancer–diagnosed children in Texas.
- They offer world-class pediatric treatment options being a specialized center, and successfully treat over 1 000 new cases each year.
- It is committed to cancer management and prevention in children. It runs several programs, such as bleeding disorders treatment program, bone disorders failure program, and brain tumor treatment program, for treating cancer in a quality–controlled manner.
- Through these programs, effective coordination of care is achieved among medical professionals, and education and screening of family members and a screening of the child for additional existing anomalies are comprehensively made.
- The hospital has expertise in treating different types of cancer in children, including Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Aneurysmal Bone Cyst, Benign Bone Tumours and Cysts, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Glioblastoma, Haemarthrosis, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Medulloblastoma, Neuroblastoma, Neurofibromatosis, Non-Rhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcoma, Osteochondroma, Osteosarcoma, Retinoblastoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma and Nephroblastoma to name a few.
Address: 1935 Medical District Dr, Dallas, TX
9. Hill Country Memorial Hospital for Cancer
- Hill Country Memorial Hospital specializes in haematologic–oncologic cancers and breast cancer cases.
- It provides personalized cancer treatments based on the patient’s needs and preferences.
- The hospital staff has 45+ years of experience in breast cancer alone and is thus trained to understand the patient’s needs.
- It also has a 3D mammography machine, which enables early detection of breast cancer, reducing the need for repeated scans.
- Further, its view provides a 40 % greater chance of detecting invasive tumors, which would not have been possible using standard imaging technologies.
- The hospital also has a Wellness Centre for cancer patients where patients are provided with fitness, relaxation, and nutritional advice.
Address: 1020 S State Hwy 16 • Fredericksburg, TX 78624
10. St. David’s South Austin Medical Center
- St. David’s South Austin Medical Center specializes in treating hematologic cancers.
- It has partnerships with Sarah Cannon Cancer Centre to facilitate bone marrow transplants in cancer patients.
- It also has tie-ups with the Texas Oncology and the Texas Transplant Institutes, making it one of the finest centers for bone marrow transplants in Texas.
- It is the only center providing transplant options in South Austin, meeting the needs of local cancer patients.
- This 24 – bedded facility mainly excels in the treatment of:
- Advanced cancers of the gastrointestinal system
- Breast cancer
- Brain tumor
- Cancer of the spinal cord
- Lung cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Mediastinal cancer
Address: 901 W Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78704, United States