Are you looking for the best cancer treatment in Washington? Look no further! We’ve scoured the state to bring you the top 10 cancer hospitals. From Seattle to Spokane, these medical centers are equipped with the latest technologies and staffed with the most skilled oncologists. Whether you’re seeking chemotherapy, radiation, or surgery, these hospitals have you covered. So without further ado, let’s dive into the 10 best cancer hospitals in Washington!
Here, we provide detailed information on the top 10 cancer hospitals in Washington so that you can schedule an early scan for prevention or manage your treatment or that of a loved one who has already been diagnosed. You must know that cancer, when identified early and managed effectively, will never be fatal. Hence, please don’t lose hope and go through our healthy-researched list.
According to the CDC, cancer is the topmost cause of death in Washington, much worse than heart disease and accidents. So, it is only reasonable and imperative that all individuals, especially those at a high risk of cancer, be aware of the best treatment options in the state.
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Texas
10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Washington
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Germany
1. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center was established in 1972 and is among the oldest and most renowned cancer treatment centers in Washington, the US, and the world.
- The team at Fred Hutchinson Centre has delivered over 1 million bone marrow transplants and has received three Nobel prizes in medicine and physiology.
- They are also the pioneer of international research and development in the field of cancer and have developed numerous novel treatment techniques. To support this, they have led over 700 clinical trials worldwide.
- They have conducted this research in over 60 countries as they expand their knowledge base and experience and offer new and more advanced treatment approaches.
- Fred Hutchinson houses several state-of-the-art laboratories and robust data science infrastructure, through the integration of which quality multidisciplinary care is planned and delivered quickly.
- Currently, it supports patients who have formerly received transplants after successful cancer treatment. It uses hematopoietic and cellular therapies in these patients to minimize their risk of infection during COVID-19.
- They have been working on Immunotherapy treatments since the 1970s and are now developing a cancer vaccine. Wouldn’t that be great?
Address: 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Florida
2. Washington Cancer Institute, Medstar Washington Hospital Center
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center is among the best cancer hospitals in Washington because of its alliance with the internationally – renowned Cleaveland Clinic.
- Washington Cancer Institute, the hospital’s cancer wing, has a skilled team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, and endocrinologists who offer dedicated services.
- Intraoperative Heated Chemotherapy and Cytoreductive Surgery are the best procedures performed at the hospital for the management of Peritoneal surface malignancies, cancer of the appendix, stage IV colon cancer, advanced gastric cancer, mesothelioma, sarcoma, and cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Being accredited by the American College of Radiology, the center excels in providing advanced radiation treatments such as:
- Image-guided radiation therapy
- Cone beam CT and kilovoltage imaging for improved target localization
- Positron emission tomography and computed tomography simulation
- Sophisticated 4-D large bore CT
- Total skin electron irradiation
- For total skin electron irradiation, Medstar is the only hospital in Washington. Further, it has an individual branch for orthopedic and endocrine cancers such as bone and connective tissue cancer and thyroid cancer, also being the best option in the state for their management.
Address: 110 Irving St NW, Washington, DC 20010, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Europe
3. Seattle Cancer Center Alliance
- Seattle Cancer Center Alliance (SCCA) has been ranked first in Washington State by the US News and World Report for 2019-20.
- This title is well–deserved by the SCCA because of its cutting-edge approach to treatment, including developing early screening protocols for pancreatic cancer and advanced-stage treatment protocol for managing the most complex cases.
- The highly experienced team of SCCA has managed several likely–fatal cases of cancer that had been denied treatment at other centers because of the complicatedness of their condition.
- They are skilled in managing cancer cases with multiple inherited genetic mutations, a turning point in cancer treatment.
- Further, they offer multiple screening tests as an extension of their Prevention Clinic, headed by gastrointestinal specialists. At this clinic, bold treatment decisions such as pancreatectomy in pre-cancerous cases are performed based on the patient’s consent.
- Also, hundreds of patients are screened regularly and well-managed even before they reach cancer diagnosis.
- So, now you know which medical center to head to if you are suspected of cancer. Know that their simple 30 – minute procedure may be enough to save a life.
Address: 1354 Aloha St, Seattle, WA 98109, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in California
4. Seattle Children’s Cancer Center
- Children have different presentations of cancer symptoms and have varied needs of management, which pediatric oncologic experts best understand; Seattle Children’s Cancer Center is home to the best pediatric oncologists in Washington.
- They offer sensitive, child-oriented care for children, teenagers, toddlers, and babies to manage specific cancers that are common in them.
- These include Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia, Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, Bone tumors, Brain and spinal cord tumors, Germ cell tumors, Hodgkin lymphoma, Non – Hodgkin lymphoma, Kidney tumors, Liver tumors, Neuroblastoma, Retinoblastoma, Sarcoma, Spinal tumors, Thyroid cancer.
- Other than this, they also treat hemato – oncologic conditions in children, such as Bone marrow failure disorders, Haemophilia, Immune thrombocytopenic purpura, Thrombocytosis, and Thrombophilia, to name a few.
- The team of doctors at Seattle Children’s Hospital delivers compassionate care in collaboration with the family members and parents of the pediatric patient.
- Their doctors are national leaders in developing new treatment options and run several programs in the Seattle and Washington area to improve the cancer survival of young patients.
Address: 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, United States
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Canada
5. Virginia Mason Cancer Institute
- Virginia Mason Cancer Institute at the Virginia hospital is nationally renowned because it provides state–of–the–art cancer care options.
- Along with medical, radiation, and surgical oncologists, oncologic nurses and nutritionists also take part in decision-making at Virginia center so that you feel more comfortable during your treatment.
- They are competent in the treatment of Anal Cancer, Biliary Duct Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Brain Tumour, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer, Oesophageal Cancer, Gastric Cancer, Gynaecologic Cancer, Head, and Neck Cancers, Kidney Cancer, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Liver Cancer, Lung Cancer, Melanoma, Musculoskeletal Cancer, Neuroendocrine Tumours, Neuro – Oncologic Tumours, Pancreatic Cancer, Penile Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Testicular Cancer, and Thyroid Cancer.
- Virginia has been ranked among the second-best hospital in Washington, and their cancer wing is no exception.
- The quality of cancer care provided at Virginia Mason Cancer Institute can be estimated by the fact that the five–year survival rates of patients treated at the hospital exceed the national average. So, it is excellent for the treatment of advanced stages of cancer.
- They also offer personalized cancer wellness and support programs to help you win that battle.
Address: Buck Pavilion, 1100 9th Ave Level 2, Seattle, WA 98101, United States
Also Read: 50 Best Inspirational Fighting Cancer Quotes
6. Halvorson Cancer Center at Evergreen Health Hospital
- Halvorson Cancer Center is a Seattle Cancer Care Alliance member and delivers the most advanced cancer treatments.
- Its treatment approaches are devised based on research results compiled through the findings of clinical trials, which are said to be one–of–a–kind to the world. This is because they allow a comprehensive engagement of the patient in the process of clinical trials.
- At the Halvorson center, the treatment protocol for each patient is formed by a team of medical, radiologic, and surgical oncologic experts along with their actual participation so that it is well–tailored to their needs.
- They perform advanced procedures like bone marrow transplants and even provide alternative approaches for patients who cannot be scheduled for a transplant. These alternatives include hormone therapy or gene therapy.
- In hormone therapy for cancer, they provide treatment with synthetic hormones to improve blood cells and platelet counts, and massive improvements are seen in 6 to 12 months.
Address: 12040 NE 128th Street, Suite Green 1-211, Kirkland, WA 98034, United States
7. Life Spring Cancer Treatment Center
- The Life Spring, Cancer Treatment Center, is one of Washington’s unique and best cancer hospitals.
- The center offers entirely new treatment concepts, such as continuous physician assistance at the site of the patient during their treatment. This is aimed at the management of early side effects and the prevention of failure to rescue.
- They also offer new treatment options, such as low-dose chemotherapy, to prevent these side effects.
- Further, they offer 24 * 7 patient support through teleconsultation, personalized state–of–the–art treatment options, and family-centered care to maximize the treatment outcomes.
- Providing culturally – sensitive care while providing sophisticated treatment options to improve mental health and prolong survival are some of the goals at Life Spring.
Address: 510 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144, United States
8. Providence Regional Cancer Center
- Providence Regional Cancer Center offers its cancer support services at 5 locations throughout Washington and is one of the most renowned and trusted cancer treatment centers.
- It has a team of skilled medical professionals who support you and your family members throughout the process of diagnosis and treatment.
- Their services extend beyond other hospitals since they also provide alternate and traditional treatment options such as Chinese traditional medicine for patients’ care and chemo/radiotherapy.
- They believe that this will be helpful for emotional management as well as side effects reduction.
- Acupuncture services are provided by the center, which has proven to reduce pain in cancer patients.
- Other services include cancer rehabilitation, counseling, and screening.
Address: You can select the one closest to you from the following locations:
- 954 Anderson Drive, Suite 102, Aberdeen, WA 98520;
- 4525 Third Ave. SE, Suite 200 Lacey, WA 98503;
- 2015 Cooks Hill Road Centralia, WA 98531;
- 2026 Olympic Highway N, Suite 203 Shelton, WA 98584;
- 201 Tahoma Blvd. SE, Suite 204 Yelm, WA 98597
9. Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center
- At Siteman Cancer Center, advanced procedures such as robot-assisted surgeries and minimally invasive techniques are performed for cancer treatment.
- Genetics, Imaging, Pathology, and Cancer Research technologies are used for personalizing your treatment.
- Their medical treatment includes immunotherapy and targeted treatments to prolong patient survival.
- In radiology, they have nationally – acknowledged experts delivering precision care.
- In addition to these services, Alvin J provides nutrition support and family and spiritual care to meet the holistic needs of cancer patients.
Address: Washington University School of Medicine; Barnes-Jewish Hospital 660 South Euclid Avenue
Also Read: 40 Lost Battle to Cancer Quotes
10. Swedish Cancer Institute
- Swedish Cancer Institute involves a team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, psychologists, and scientists who develop a collaborative environment to bring the proper focus to you.
- They say that cancer treatment must be centered on the patient and not just the cancerous cells to minimize anticipated side effects.
- They use innovative tools and treatments, such as gene sequencing technologies, to give you the best care.
- Swedish Cancer Institute is among the best cancer hospitals in Seattle that provide personalized / precision medicine; that is, they develop a new treatment protocol designed especially for you.
- This protocol involves the combination of genomic and panomic profiles of the patient with genetic analysis of the tumor, so evidence-based treatment and person-centered care are enabled.
- The dosage and type of radiation or chemotherapy treatment needed for you can be customized, so the side effects of treatments can be managed.
Address: 1221 Madison Street, Seattle, WA 98104, United States
This blog post lists the 10 best cancer hospitals in Washington. These hospitals, located in cities across the state, are renowned for their exceptional care and treatment of cancer patients. They offer various services, from chemotherapy to surgery, and are equipped with the latest technologies. We hope this list will help those searching for the best cancer care in Washington to make an informed decision.