Smoking is injurious to health, and if you are addicted, you should seek medical help to quit it before any significant health complications. If you need the motivation to quit smoking, we have shared a list of 50 quotes from experts about smoking. Read these quotes about smoking from experts and famous personalities and share them with your friends and family.
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Germany
Facts about smoking
Here are some facts about smoking:
- Smoking is the leading cause of preventable deaths worldwide.
- Smoking is responsible for about one in five deaths in the US.
- Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung disease, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Secondhand smoke, or the smoke exhaled by a smoker or released from the burning end of a cigarette, cigar, or pipe, is also harmful to health and can cause cancer and other serious diseases.
- Quitting smoking can reduce the risk of smoking-related diseases and improve overall health.
- Smoking is more addictive than most other drugs, and quitting can be difficult. However, resources and treatments are available to help people quit smoking and overcome their addiction.
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Florida
50 Quotes From Experts About Smoking
1.”Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” ~ Mark Twain
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Europe
2. “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.” ~ Albert Einstein
3. “A Man may Smoke, or Drink, or take Snuff, ’till he is unable to pass away his Time without it.”
Also Read: 50 Best Inspirational Fighting Cancer Quotes
4. “As kids we started smoking because we thought it was smart. Why don’t we stop smoking for the same reason?”
5. “Smoking is indispensable if one has nothing to kiss.” — Sigmund Freud
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in California
6. “Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.” — Brooke Shields
7. “The hardest distance is always from the sofa to the front door.” — Erki Nool
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Pune
8. “The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected.”
9. “I make it a rule never to smoke while I’m sleeping,” Mark Twain
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Pune
10. “Smoking I find the most ridiculous of all the varieties of human behavior and practically the only one that is entirely against nature. Can you imagine a cow or any animal taking a mouthful of smoldering straw then breathing in the smoke and blowing it out through its nostrils?”― Ian Fleming, Goldfinger
11. “Do you mind if I don’t smoke,” Groucho Marx
12. “Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”
13. “Coffee and smoking are the last great addictions.”
14. “A bitch always smokes.” He looks back at Lucy. “A bitch is the opposite of a whore. A bitch doesn’t need anybody. Or she wants people to think she doesn’t need anybody. And she smokes to prove it.”
15. “If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go”
Also Read: 40 Lost Battle to Cancer Quotes
16. “I quit smoking in December. I’m really depressed about it. I love smoking, I love fire, I miss lighting cigarettes. I like the whole thing about it, to me it turns into the artist’s life, and now people like Bloomberg have made animals out of smokers, and they think that if they stop smoking everyone will live forever.”― David Lynch
17. “Ronan did not smoke; he preferred his habits with hangovers.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys
18. “When I was in seventh grade my mom caught me smoking cigarettes and punished me by making me smoke the entire carton. All it did was piss me off because I was out of cigarettes.”
19. “This fitness thing is blown out of proportion. What am I going to do on a treadmill smoke a cigarette and drink a diet Coke? John Daly”
Also Read: 125 Inspirational Quotes for Cancer Patients
20. “In as much time as it takes to smoke a cigarette, a person’s life was changed forever.” -Karen McQuestion
21. “The trick is to smoke a cigarette to calm your nerves and then take a big swig of strong liquor to tone your muscles.” -Lev Yashin
22. “You see a cigarette, and it makes you want to smoke!” -Ozzy Osbourne
23. “Smoking is the leading cause of statistics.” – Fletcher Knebel
24. “My rule of life prescribed as absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.”
25. “Remember, if you smoke after sex you’re doing it too fast.” – Woody allen
26. “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.” ~ Albert Einstein
27. “I’m not really a heavy smoker any more. I only get through two lighters a day now.”
28. “For undemocratic reasons and for motives not of State, they arrive at their conclusions—largely inarticulate. Being void of self-expression they confide their views to none; but sometimes in a smoking room, one learns why things were done.’
— Rudyard Kipling
29. “It’s never too late-in fiction or in life-to revise.” ~ Nancy Thayer
30. “It is certain that as a nation we are all smoking a great deal too much … Smoking among boys—to whom it cannot possibly do any kind of good, while it may do a vast amount of active harm—is becoming prevalent to a most pernicious extent. … It would be an excellent thing for the morality of the people could the use of “intoxicants and tobacco” be forbidden to all persons under twenty years of age.” (1878)— Charles Reade
31. “If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don’t actually live longer; it just seems that way.”
32. “Smokers live faster.” — Raheel Farooq
33. “If you don’t wanna see me smoking, then you better find other ways to keep my lips busy.”
34. “Each of us should think of the future. Every puff on a cigarette is another tick closer to a time bomb of terrible consequences. Christopher Hitchens didn’t care about the consequences of smoking cigarettes. Tragically, he died of throat cancer in December 2011,” Ray Comfort.
35. “Trying to quit smoking I’m out and have decided the best way to quit is to simply not buy them. I can’t generally means, I choose not to.”
36. “After 50 years of smoking unfiltered cigarettes, my father died, too young, of a massive heart attack. He was 69. It’s almost certain that all those years of nicotine inhalation were a major contributor to his clogged arteries,” Tom Brokaw.
37. “I tried to stop smoking cigarettes by telling myself I just didn’t want to smoke, but I didn’t believe myself,” Barbara Kelly.
38. “My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.” -Winston Churchill
39. “Smoking is gross.”-Ryan Eggold
40. “I didn’t like having to explain to them, so I just shut up, smoked a cigarette, and looked at the sea.”― Albert Camus, The Stranger
41. “Self-righteousness has killed more people than smoking.”-John McCarthy
42. “Because we watched her so closely out of the corners of our eyes, everything she did made too much noise, her cigarette smoke got into everything, she drank too much wine at dinner.”-Jeffrey Eugenides
43. “It was like an aphrodisiac. Actors would say let’s have another cigarette on that great scenes, and they’d blow smoke in each other’s face.”
44. “People who smoke would have probably been regarded as fools or insane, if only a percentage of people who smoke smoked.” -Mokokoma Mokhonoana
45. “I remember the oily smoke of a cigarette suspended in a shaft of sunlight with you, everything was beautiful.” – John Geddes
46. “If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go.” – Mark Twain
47. “I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself.”
48. “I’m more proud of quitting smoking than of anything else I’ve done in my life, including winning an Oscar.” ~ Christine Lahti
49. “I’m not really a heavy smoker any more. I only get through two lighters a day now.” – Bill Hick.
50. “I used to smoke two packs a day and I just hate being a nonsmoker…. but I will never consider myself a nonsmoker because I always find smokers the most interesting people at the table.” ~ Michelle Pfeiffer