Today, in this listing article, we will cover the 9 top cancer hospitals in Chennai. So, if you are looking for any government or private cancer hospital in Chennai, this article can help you to make a better decision. We have added hospitals based on their infrastructure, availability of the latest equipment for diagnosis and treatment, and other factors like patient support and additional services offered.
Disclaimer: The content provided on this site is only for educational and informational purposes. It should not be considered medical advice.
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Kolkata
9 Top Cancer Hospitals In Chennai
Let’s now see each of these private and government cancer hospitals in Chennai in detail.
1. Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital Chennai
Features of Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital Chennai:
- The hospital was set up in the year 1664 by the British East India Company.
- The hospital is funded and maintained by the Government of Tamil Nadu. It is one of the best government cancer hospitals in Chennai.
- Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital Chennai has performed the highest number of kidney transplants in India.
- 3000 beds capacity. Additional 15 beds for cancer ICU.
- The government sanctions Integrated Lab facilities to offer seamless healthcare services.
Address: Poonamallee High Rd, Park Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600003
Also Read: 60 Best Positive and Funny Breast Cancer Quotes
2. Tamil Nadu Government Multi Super Speciality Hospital
Key Highlights of Tamil Nadu Government Multi Super Speciality Hospital:
- 400 bedded multi super specialty hospital in Tamil Nadu, making it one of the biggest cancer hospitals in Chennai.
- 14 dedicated operation theaters.
- Two cath labs with diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Affordable cancer treatment is provided.
Address: Omandurar Government Estate Opposite The Hindu Office, Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002
Also Read: 50 Best Inspirational Cancer Quotes for Family
3. Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital
Key highlights of Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital, Chennai:
- 500 bedded hospital spread over 15 acres of area located in Ayanavaram, Chennai.
- Founder in the year 1928.
- Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital, also known as Perambur Railway Hospital, specializes in 15 departments and super specialized in 3 departments.
- NBE accredited.
- Free-of-cost medication facilities are provided.
- Earlier it was established for railway workers only, but now, the hospital also caters to the healthcare requirement of general patients.
Address: Constable Road, Hospital Rd Vasantha Nagar, Perambur, Ayanavaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600023
Also Read: 40 Lost Battle to Cancer Quotes
3. Stanley Medical College and Hospital
Key highlights of Stanley Medical College and Hospital:
- Stanley Medical College (SMC) is a government medical college with hospitals situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Centre of Excellence for Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- This government hospital treats around 5000 patients daily.
- Super specialized department for Gastroenterology, Urology, and Plastic surgery.
- Stanley Medical College and Hospital provides hepatectomy at a nominal fee of Rs. 5000.
Address: No. 1, Old Jail Rd, Old Washermanpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001
Also Read: 50 Best Cancer Quotes of Encouragement
4. Adyar Cancer Institute (Government Hospital)
Key highlights of Adyar Cancer Institute:
- Adyar Cancer Institute is considered one of the best cancer hospitals in Chennai as it offers world-class healthcare services at very affordable rates.
- The hospital has a capacity of 535 beds.
- 60% of beds at the hospital are provided with free cancer treatment.
- Equipped with the latest tools and technologies for cancer diagnosis and treatment, including Dual Slice CT Scan, RFA, MRI Scanner,
- Digital Mammography, 3D and 4D ultrasonographic machine, 16 Slice CT Scans, etc.
- Departments at Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai – Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, Bone Marrow Transplant, etc.
Address: W Canal Bank Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020, India
Also Read: 40 Best Emotional and Inspirational Cancer Quotes for Dad
5. Apollo Cancer Centre (Private Hospital)
Key highlights of Apollo Cancer Centre:
- The Apollo Cancer Center is another one of the top cancer hospitals in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Shri Giani Zail Singh started the Apollo Cancer Hospitals chain in 1983, and its first branch was established in Chennai.
- ISO 9002 certified hospital.
- Apollo Cancer Center, Chennai, has the latest technologies for cancer treatment, including Cyberknife, Molecular Profiling, Brachytherapy, Proton Therapy, etc.
- Cutting-edge equipment for cancer diagnosis and treatment:
- Cyberknife Radiosurgery
- TrueBeam STx
- Proton Therapy
Address: 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road, Chennai, Tamilnadu – 600006
Also Read: 60 Best Quotes From Cancer Survivors
6. Christian Medical College and Hospital (Charitable Hospital)
Key highlights of Christian Medical College and Hospital:
- CMC Hospital is one of the largest cancer hospitals in Chennai, as it caters to approximately 8000 patients daily.
- Experience over 100 years in providing quality cancer care with the help of its professional experts and specialists.
- Advanced laparoscopy and Hyperthermia Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC).
- Latest technologies and sophisticated equipment at CMC Hospital:
- Computed Tomography
- PET CT
- Gamma Camera
- Digital Subtraction Angiographic Suite
Address: 688, Seethakathi Chamber, Greams Road, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006
Also Read: 40 Best Motivational Cancer Hope Quotes
7. HCG Hospital (Private Hospital)
Key highlights of HCG Hospital:
- HCG Hospital is another of the best cancer hospitals in Chennai, as it follows a patient-first-oriented approach in diagnosing and treating various forms of common and rare cancer.
- It has a chain of 20 cancer treatment centers spread across India.
- Received the following reputed accreditations – NABH, NABL, DSIR, ISO: 9001, and CAP.
- Well-maintained oncology departments.
- In-house laboratory offering the following services:
- Clinical Pathology
- PET-CT Scan
- Nuclear Scans
- Real-time PCR
Address: HCG Cancer Centre, Chennai, 5, Rangasamy St, Puduvai Nagar, Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600044, India
8. Dr. Rai’s Memorial Medical Care Hospital (Private Hospital)
Key highlights of Dr. Rai’s Memorial Medical Care Hospital:
- Dr. Rai’s Memorial Medical Care Hospital is another one of the famous cancer hospitals in Chennai, offering leading healthcare services to people affected by cancer.
- A panel of medical oncology, surgical oncology, and radiation oncology specialists.
- ICU and ICP treatment options are available.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment is there in the hospital, including High-speed spiral CT, Telecobalt therapy, linear accelerator, and many others.
- Cancer treatment departments at Dr. Rai’s Memorial Medical Care Hospital, Chennai – Bone Marrow Transplant, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and other specific departments.
Address: No. 562, Century Plaza, Anna Salai, Teynampet, Opp. Hyatt Regency, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600018
9. Madras Institute of Orthopaedics and Trauma (MIOT) Hospital (Private Hospital)
Key highlights of Madras Institute of Orthopedics and Trauma Hospital (MIOT), Chennai:
- Dr. P.V.A Mohandas started the hospital in the year 1999.
- 1000 beds capacity for patients.
- It offers international patient services as patients from 129 countries visit it.
- The latest technologies for cancer treatment are available – 64-Slice PET CT, 750 HD whole-body CT scan, etc.
- 21 operation theaters with state-of-the-art equipment to perform complex surgeries.
Address: 4/112, Mount Poonamallee Rd, Sathya Nagar, Manapakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600089, India
With this, we conclude our listing of the best cancer hospitals in Chennai and Tamil Nadu. I hope it will help you make a better decision regarding your diagnosis and treatment.
Digital Marketer who loves motivational and inspirational quotes. While not working, I do a bit of gaming and spend time on Edx to enhance my skills!