Cross country running is a sport that requires physical fitness and strong determination. Players in this popular running sport usually run over natural terrains such as dirt, woodlands, or hilly areas. If you are looking for some of the best motivational quotes for your next cross country running game, you have landed in the right place.
Here we have compiled a list of the 70 best motivational cross country quotes for runners. Read these inspirational quotes, and we are sure you will get so pumped up that you will lace up your shoes immediately and go for a long run.
Also Read: 60 Motivational Quotes About Staying Strong Through Cancer
70 Best Cross Country Quotes For Runners, Instagram Captions
1. “Cross Country is like poker. You have to be holding five good cards all the time.”
Also Read: 40 Best Motivational Cancer Hope Quotes
2. “The start of a World Cross Country event is like riding a horse in the middle of a buffalo stampede. It’s a thrill if you keep up, but one slip and you’re nothing but hoof prints.”–Ed Eyestone, Olympic marathoner, and distance runner
3. “The freedom of Cross Country is so primitive. It’s woman vs. nature.”
Also Read: 80 Best Mental Health Motivational Quotes
4. “I love controlling a race, chewing up an opponent… It’s raw, animalistic, with no one to rely on but yourself. There’s no better feeling than that.” — Adam Goucher
5. “Cross Country: No half times, no time outs, no substitutions. It must be the only true sport.”
Also Read: 75 Motivational Quotes For Students Success
6. “If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far… There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.” — John Bingham
7. “The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.”
Also Read: 60 Best Customer Service Motivational Quotes
8. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” ~ Lou Holtz
9. “All it takes is all you’ve got.”
Also Read: 40 Best Inspirational Leukemia Quotes
10. “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months, and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.” ~ Alan Armstrong
11. “Anyone Can Run 100 Meters. It’s The Next 2900, 3900, or 4900 that count!”
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Texas
12. “Cross Country Runners do it in the woods.”
13. “Cross Country: Our Sport is Your Sport’s Punishment.”
14. “In cross-country competition, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for a lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did.”
15. “Date a track runner… all other athletes are just players.”
Also Read: 50 Best Happy New Year Wishes for Son [With Images]
16. “For something to hurt that bad, and feel so good, it’s just inexplicable.”–Adam Goucher.
17. “Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run.”—Jumbo Elliot.
18. “The long run is what puts the tiger in the cat.”-Bill Squires.
19.“One run can change your day, many runs can change your life.”
Also Read: 115 Best Inspirational Dental Quotes
20. “The five S’s of sports training are Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill, and Spirit; but the greatest of these is Spirit.”-Ken Doherty.
21.“My whole feeling in terms of racing is that you have to be very bold.”-Bill Rod
22. “Running taught me valuable lessons. In cross-country competitions, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did, and it worked.” — Nelson Mandela
23. “East or west, there’s nothing like a cross-country race.”
Also Read: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in Florida
24. “We told our guys to hold on for 30 minutes of agony for 12 months of glory. That’s the essence of cross country.” — John McDonnell
25. “Baby’s got some line! Get over to cross country.”
26. “You were born to run; run the race.”
27. “Don’t let anyone tell you what to do; just run and prove.”
28. “Eat, run cross country, sleep, repeat.”
29. “Don’t just run; race against yourself.”
30. “Sport is about adapting to the unexpected and being able to modify plans at the last minute – Sport, like all life, is about taking risks.”-Sir Roger Bannister.
31.”Run often. Run long. But never outrun your joy of running.”—Julie Isphording.
32. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”-Dan Gable.
33. “When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”-Paul Brown.
34. “When you put yourself on the line in a race and expose yourself to the unknown, you learn things about yourself that are very exciting.” — Doris Brown Heritage
35. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”-Confucius.
36. “For a sprinter the thrill is going fast, but for a distance runner it is the journey in between the start and the end.”
37. “Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
38. “Number one is just to gain a passion for running. To love the morning, the trail, and the pace on the track. And if some kid gets good at it, that’s cool too.”–Pat Tyson, Track and Cross Country Coach
39. “Don’t bother just to be better than others. Try to be better than yourself.” ~ William Faulkner
40. “The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” ~ John Bingham
41. “It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you better be running.” ~ Abe Gubegna
42. “The long run puts the tiger in the cat.” ~ Bill Squires
43. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” ~ Steve Prefontaine
44. “If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don’t spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it.” ~ Priscilla Welch
45. “Sweat cleanses from the inside. It comes from places a shower will never reach.” ~ George A. Sheehan
46. “Somewhere in the world, someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.” — Tom Fleming
47. “What I want is to be number one.” — Steve Prefontaine
48. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” — Jesse Owens
50. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” — Muhammad Ali
51. “When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.” — Paul Brown
52. “I will do today what you won’t, so tomorrow I can do what you can’t.”
53. “When your legs can’t run anymore, run with your heart.”
54. “The Faster You Run, The Quicker You’re Done.”
55. “Look like a beauty, but train like a beast.”
56. “Sweat and blood is all you have got.”
57. “Every season I have to go cross country skiing —- I cannot live without it.”
58. “Wear running shoes, and don’t forget the cross country race.”
59. “Try to reach your limits and go further beyond in cross country skiing.”
60. “Cross Country is one hill of a sport.”
61. “Sweat is magic. Cover yourself in it daily to grant your wishes.”
62. “Cross Country was invented so water would taste good.”
63. “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”
64. “When your legs can’t run anymore, run with your heart.”
65. “Where the pavement ends, cross country begins.”
66. “Running is a great way to stay healthy, fit, and have fun. But sometimes it’s hard to tell which is which.”
67. “Everyone has a story to tell. Tell yours with an Instagram caption that catches the eyes of your followers .”
68. “Life is a marathon, and the finish line is right before you. You have to keep running.”
69. “Running is my cardio.”
70. “It’s not about your time; it’s about your ability to push hard while keeping your balance.”
We hope that you liked these best motivational cross country quotes for runners. These quotes will motivate you for your next cross country running event.
If you liked these inspirational cross country running quotes, please share them with other runners via social media.
Other related articles:
- 80 Best Funny Real Estate Quotes
- 10 Best Cancer Hospitals in California
- 60 Best Funny Quotes About Weight Loss
- 40 Lost Battle to Cancer Quotes
- 50 Happy New Year Wishes for Sisters
Digital Marketer who loves motivational and inspirational quotes. While not working, I do a bit of gaming and spend time on Edx to enhance my skills!