Get ready to cast your worries aside and dive into a world of laughter! Whether you’re a seasoned angler or love the charm of aquatic life, we’ve rounded up 50 funny quotes about fishing.
Fishing is a peaceful escape and brings forth moments that will leave you in stitches.
From clever one-liners that shed light on the peculiarities of fish to witty remarks that capture the essence of fishing culture, our collection will surely put a smile on your face.
So, grab your fishing gear, embrace the joy of laughter, and embark on a whimsical journey through hilarious fish tales and fishing adventures. Get ready to reel in the laughter!
50 Funny Quotes About Fishing, Funny Fishing Quotes
1. “If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business.”
2. “Probably fishing is my first passion.” -Luke Bryan.
3. “I’m out here on the water, keeping it reel.”
Also Read: 50 Funny Wedding Ring Engraving Quotes
4. “All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.” – Harold F. Blaisdell
5. “On the river, only dead fish go with the flow.”
Also Read: 50 Best Funny Quotes About Jesus
6. “Fishing tournaments seem a little like playing tennis with living balls.” – Jim Harrison
7. “If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” Doug Larson
8. “Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.”
9. “There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.”- Steven Wright
Also Read: 50 Best Funny Quotes About Golf
10. “Somebody behind you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.”
11. “Fishing is like dating; it’s all catch and release until you find a keeper.” – Anonymous
12. “A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!” – Anonymous
13. “If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.”- Zane Grey, ‘Tales Of Southern Rivers’
14. “I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.”- Joseph Monniger, ‘Home Waters’.
15. “Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
16. “There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” ~ Steven Wright
17. “Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.” – George Carlin
Also Read: 60 Best Funny Halloween Quotes
18. “The only thing bad about winning the pennant is that you have to manage the All-Star Game the next year. I’d rather go fishing for three days.”
19. “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
20. “We ask a simple question and that is all we wish… Are all fisherman liars or do only liars fish? William Sherwood Fox
21. “They finally let loose and let their guard down.”
Also Read: 60 Best Funny Quotes About Weight Loss
22. “All that time sitting and waiting allows their minds to wander aimlessly.”
23. “The many beers consumed while fishing enhances one’s sense of humor.”
Also Read: 80 Best Funny Real Estate Quotes
24. “Fishing saved me from being a porn star, now I’m just a hooker!” – Unknown
25. “The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” – A.K. Best
Also Read: 60 Best Funny Quotes by Betty White
26. “Give a man a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he’ll buy a funny hat. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you’re a consultant,” – Scott Adams
27. “Fishermen are born honest. But they get over it.”
28. “Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up.”
29. “Probably fishing is my first passion.” -Luke Bryan.
30. “Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.”– Benjamin Franklin.
31. “The gods do not deduct from man’s allotted span the hours spent in fishing.” – Herbert Hoover
32. “Somebody behind you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.”
33. “Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.”
34. “There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process.” – Paul O’Neil
35. “Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.”
36. “Dear Lord, give me the serenity to accept the size of fish I catch, the courage not to lie about it and the wisdom to know that none of my fishing buddies would believe me anyway!” – Anonymous
37. “The two best times to fish is when it’s raining and when it ain’t.” – Patrick F McManus
38. “Fishing is the sport of drowning worms,”
39. “Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God.” – Tony Blake.
40. “I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don’t know what’s on the other end. Your imagination is under there.”-Robert Altman
41. “Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day…make up lies,”
42. “Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.” ~ Herbert Hoover
43. “Life is like a game, but fishing is serious,”
44. “As they say, you can learn more from a guide in one day than you can in three months fishing alone.” -Mario Lopez
45. “My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will try to sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.” ~ Koos Brandt
46. “Fishing is like sex. When it is great, it is great. When it is bad, it is still great!” – Unknown
47. “Fish come in three sizes: small, medium, and the one that got away!” – Unknown
48. “If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.“ – Zane Grey
49. “The best time to go fishing is when you can get away.” – John D. Voelker
50. “The fishing was good; the catching was bad.”
Looking for a good laugh? Look no further! Our blog will brighten your day with 50 funny quotes about fish and fishing that will tickle your funny bone.
Whether you’re an experienced angler or have a soft spot for aquatic creatures, these witty remarks and clever one-liners will surely put a smile on your face.
So, get ready to cast your worries aside and immerse yourself in the joy of laughter. Let these funny quotes about fish and funny fishing moments take you on an adventure filled with laughter, humor, and a deep appreciation for the whimsical world of fishing. Prepare to be hooked on hilarity!
Other related articles: